10.03.2011

Award Season, or so it seems

Hi friends, hope you had a great weekend!  Mine was wonderful but busy, busy!  Over the weekend, Kim at SassyUptownChic awarded me the "One Lovely Blog" and "Tell Me Something About Yourself" awards.  SassyUptownChic is a fun fashion and lifestyle blog by the beautiful pearls lovin Kim, pop over for a visit.  I was so flattered to wake up Saturday morning to such happy thoughts but didn't have time to follow up with her, so today when Sage from Sweet and Sage passed along the same award, I thought it was time to pull together a post.  Check out Sweet and Sage for sweet, colorful outfits, funny lifestyle quips and truly sage advice.  

onelovelyblogaward.jpg


So first things first,  thank you Kim for the award, the first I've ever received!  Appreciate the love and support girl! 

Here's what you must do:
Thank the person that gave you the awards, and link back to them.
Post seven things about yourself. Pass the love to 15 bloggers.

Seven things about myself: 
1) My favorite movie is The American President.  So much so that I moved to D.C. for college in hopes of becoming an environmental lobbyist.
2) After falling through an open spot in a pond at age 4, I went on to figure skate until I was 17. 
3)  Halloween is my favorite holiday even though I hate all things scary.  I haven't seen any movie scarier than Scream or I Know What You Did Last Summer.
4) I love grapes and cherries, but absolutely nothing grape or cherry flavored. 
5) As much as I enjoy triathlons, riding my road bike makes me incredibly nervous every.single.time. 
6) The combination of sweet and salty is my absolute favorite and has led me to some unique combinations; french fries and Frosties, Reeses Pieces and movie theater popcorn and cantaloupe with salt.
7) I've run 3 full marathons, 2 half marathons and 4 triathlons and many shorter races and have a 10 miler, 15k, half marathon and full marathon planned for the next 6 months. 

TellMeAboutYourselfAward.jpg


I received this second award from Kim and then again from Sage.  Thanks gals, you sure know how to make a girl feel real swell! 

Here's what you must do:
Thank the person that gave you the awards, and link back to them.
Post seven things about yourself. Pass the love to 15 bloggers.

Seven things about myself: 
1) Christmas music is an instant mood lifter for me year round.  
2) Until recently I did not eat brussel sprouts, avocados or tomatoes and now I love all three. 
3) I have a very weak spot for TV marathons while I craft; 90210, ANTM, Sex and the City and I can't believe I'm admitting this, Bridezillas.
4 )I love celebrity gossip, and check People.com and Eonline.com every day.
5) While I no longer figure skate, I still choreograph performances and design costumes in my head when I hear a great song.  
6) Scrapbooking is one of my favorite hobbies and yet I'm two years behind in the events I have planned to scrapped.
7) I could eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner if only it was good for me, that goes for chocolate chip cookies too!

Bloggers I would love to learn some fun facts about! Curious minds want to know, mainly mine so I hope you play along! 

Mary at MaryFashionLove 
Emily at Tinfoil Tiaras
Sam at Style of Sam
Bessie at Bravoe Runway
Hilary at Young and Naive
Inna at Skippy Says
Meagan at Spunky Chateau

Hope your weeks are off to a good start, I'm conducting all day meetings all week (boo) but hope to have a craft project and some outfits for you this week (yay)!  Ta ta for now. 

4 comments:

Rach said...

Wow that is awesome about the marathons and figure skating! When I was little I loved watching figure skating on television and dancing around the living room pretending I was on the ice. In real life however, I am horrible at skating! I listen to Christmas music year around too :)Thanks for the blog love, I am so glad to read yours!

Anonymous said...

Everyone keeps nominating the same bloggers (like you, Emily, Claire, and Hilary). What an incestuous group we are. :)

I could eat (soy) ice cream all day long too. And yes, I find myself listening to Christmas music or watching Christmas movies any time of year.

Everyone watches Bridezillas for the utter craziness! If someone says they don't--they're LYING!

skippysays said...

Cara thank you so much!! Can't wait to do this, and loved learning a bit more about you!
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

A Very Sweet Blog said...

WOOOOOO! Congratulations Cara!!! So deserving CHICadee!!! I do apologize. Still catching up on my blog comments. :D I love your blog!!! You mix fashion, food, how-to-do's and everyday REAL stuff! I can totally relate. I've always enjoyed watching figure skating. I think it's so beautiful. Ooooh I'm learning great stuff about you! I love Reeses Pieces and Movie Popcorn (even together) hahaha. Oh wow marathon chic! I bow to you! I can walk. LOL I love Christmas music too until they start playing the Chipmunks. Eeeek! LOL I'm glad you're eating your veggies & fruit! :D GREAT POST GIRL!!! ((HUG))
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, sweet readers! Your comments and suggestions make my day!