12.22.2011

Wednesday's Wardrobe: On the Go

This week is making me a little crazy! There is so much to do before my family arrives, so many friends to see and celebrate with and so much work to tie up prior to taking next week off! I've mentioned before that when the going gets busy, I reach for comfy classics.  This time of year when errands involve running in and out of stores that crank their heat way up that means layering on enough warm clothes that I can skip a coat.  These looks all include comfortable shoes, hair up and out of the face and minimal accessories.   Here's a few outfits that I've been running around in the past week.

I wore this over the weekend to finish shopping, wrapping and Christmas dinner scouting at the local grocery stores.  The sweater and tank are from Old Navy. If you need any last minute gifts, they are practically giving clothes away there.  I love these jeans because they are so soft and broken in, I've been living in them recently. 
Sweater/Striped Tank - Old Navy, Necklace/Jeans -  Ann Taylor Loft, Scarf - Gift, Hat - Forever 21, Clogs - Dansko, Purse - Gift, Earrings - Cape Cod, MA




I wore this for a festive dinner out after running around all weekend.  The pleats of this top make it fun, but don't make it any less easy to move around in.  
Sweater - Ann Taylor Loft, Shirt - Marshall's, Jeans - Old Navy, Headband - Gift via Nordstrom, Purse - Matt  and Nat via Ruelala, Shoes - Me Too, Bracelets - Gifts, Belt - Filene's Basement



This outfit was for hitting the mall on a particularly cold day, and margaritas with some girlfriends last Friday.  I really love the combination of the cozy plaid shirt and fur/sweater and our Christmas tree :(
Vest/Jeans- Ann Taylor Loft, Plaid Shirt - Target, Clogs - Dansko


Now, please excuse me while I go deal with the Christmas tree that just toppled over spreading needles and ornaments across our living room, unfortunately I am not kidding! Oh, holidays :)

8 comments:

The Everything List said...

LOVE the hat! i have been in a serious mood to wear my fedora but i thought it was too summery but this totally works.

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

Terri said...

For going nuts, you look chic as all get-out! Enjoy your time with the family!
http://stylishsass.blogspot.com

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

I love the Matt and Nat bag and your furry vest! It looks so cozy!

Have a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that first outfit is sooo cute! Seriously! I love the subtle mix of stripes, the sweater looks super cozy, and you can totally rock a hat! It's a home run in my book :)

Sage said...

You look so put together in your "busy clothes." I especially like the hat and the Matt and Nat purse.

Our Christmas tree is only 2 feet tall and sitting on the coffee table, so there's not much to clean up if it falls over. Some day we'll get a big tree like yours. I hope your ornaments are all OK!

Merry Christmas!

Viktoria said...

I love that first outfit. It's so cute, but fun!! Merry Christmas to you! Hope your secret Santa package arrived :)

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Cara, you can just hand over that 1st outfit! That hat, scarf, sweater and gold necklace is so sharp. I don't blame you for dressing in layers. One thing, you look very stylish everywhere you go chicadee. :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You have such great style! I love the hat-you look really great in it.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, sweet readers! Your comments and suggestions make my day!