6.25.2012

Insta-Weekend: Hanging out at Home

This first weekend of summer had so many of the things that summer weekends are made of. Good seasonal food (lobster rolls, BBQ, fresh peaches and homemade pesto) and drink, lots of friends and a few projects around home.  We were supposed to go boating on the Potomac Saturday but half our group got in a car accident on the way to the boat (everyone is OK) so we didn't make it.  It was sad to miss out but fortunately no one got hurt and we still got to spend the day together.  Here are a few snapshots from the weekend. 

A new addition to my necklace collection
3.5 hours of yarn winding later...
Homemade vanilla bean ice cream in the works
Getting an hour at the pool before it got too hot.
Drinks on the roof
Rhode Island spicy calamari
Lucky number 7 
What did you get into this weekend? Whatever it is, I hope it was fun, relaxing and full of summer! 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh gosh that is no good to hear they got in an accident :( :( Thank goodness no one is hurt. Loving these pics as always - but now you've got me cravinggggg some peaches (with cream of course) from your words. eek. I might have to settle for some vanilla ice cream instead.

Anna xo
http://www.lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com.au/

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Glad no one was hurt!! And despite that the weekend looks like it was a good one! We need access to a pool ASAP! :-)

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

A Very Sweet Blog said...

glad your friends were ok Cara. i truly believe everything happens for a reason. i'm loving all of the seasonal fruits that are out now. so delish. i had a quiet weekend. did a little online shopping and trying to get back into blogging. lol
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Hannah @ Tattoos and Pearls said...

Oo I wish I got to lounge by my pool this weekend. It was perfect weather for it too. Always next weekend though!

Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

welldressedmaker said...

I love your new necklaces!!! they are both gorgeous:) I wish I had a pool in my house! I would be out there all the time just cooling off :)
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Anonymous said...

Eek, that sounds scary! I'm glad no one was hurt. You seem to be having a great summer. I need to get to the pool this weekend.

Cute speedometer picture. I've been known to get excited about little milestones like that. :)

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Yikes, glad everyone was ok! Looks like some wonderful summer things otherwise!

Blue Dog Belle said...

That looks awesome! Glad you had such a relaxing weekend! I'm doing a super fun giveaway right now love, please drop by and enter!

xoxo, Emily
bluedogbelle.blogspot.com

k said...

i love love love hanging out at home. sometimes i get disappointed when i have plans, haha ;)

Manda said...

Thanks for stopping by :)
I've been all about chained bracelets and necklaces. They're so chunky and chic. Love it!
Eat Cake

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, sweet readers! Your comments and suggestions make my day!