7.29.2012

Insta-Weekend: Making Lemonade

This weekend did not go as planned.  An airline that will remain nameless (but rhymes with GetClue) foiled my plans for a girl's weekend on Cape Cod.  However, having an unplanned free weekend at home right before we go on vacation was a nice surprise. I spent my free time making lemonade from those airport lemons doing some pre-vacation errand running, knitting, working on some lectures for my fall class, helping one of the margarita holders below find her wedding dress(!) and watching LOTS of Olympics.  Here are a few snapshots from the weekend.

Drowning our sorrow post 2nd cancelled flight (pic borrowed from Sini)
Shark Week is coming! 
IKEA breakfast post-returns
Flowers from my Hunny to make up for a missed trip home
The sweater front that won't end :)
Patterns aplenty for Alaska
What did you get into this weekend?  Are you watching the Olympics? I'm mildly obsessed this year!

7 comments:

welldressedmaker said...

I'm sorry your trip was cancelled :( That totally sucks, but I think you quickly bounced back and did lots of awesome things!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Unknown said...

Cara

Sorry jet blue ruined your trip I am glad you made the most out of it.

Ps. I could go for one of those margaritas now.

Happy Monday Pretty girl.

Unknown said...

P.p.s I have been glued to the tv all weekend watching the Olympics.

Elana said...

Aw, sorry to hear about your flight/trip. That's never fun, but at least you still got a good weekend out of it. Ha, I love that shark week photo. And those patterns! Please share them all on here!

Jess said...

That Shark Week advertisement is amazing! I literally got distracted when I saw a billboard for it the other day! I drove right past where I needed to tun! I'm getting soooo excited!

Jess said...

*turn

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your airport disaster (boo!). But I'm glad you're able to see the bright side. I love that huge shark! I've been watching Shark Week every year since I was a little kid. Is it bad that I root for the sharks?

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, sweet readers! Your comments and suggestions make my day!