5.24.2011

So Wrong Its Right


By the books, I know this outfit is potentially the worst thing I could put on my short, stubby body but I think I've committed so many fashion dont's I actually became a do!  As any top-heavy gal can tell you, button down shirts are a toughie. In fact, you are more likely to find a pair of Manolo Blahnik Maryjanes than a button-down that a) doesn't gap over the girls or b) isn't huge everywhere but over the girls.  This shirt was a miraculous find as it neither gaps nor looks like a sack everywhere else.  It's also swiss-dot which I adore! I knotted my shirt ends like I'm going to a Tiffany concert after work.  It was a concious effort to enlongate my non-existant torso, does it work?  (Don't answer unless you are singing my praises or want to go to the Tiffany show with me.)  
Shirt - Marshalls
Necklace - Charming Charlies
Dress - Ann Taylor Loft
Shoes - Seychelles here

Sorry for the blurry photo, I was in a hurry.

Tea length is another Don't for the 5' and proud crowd but its in style so I had to give it a whirl.  I added a nude wedge, (+1) with an ankle strap (-1) so I've neutralized my fashion wrong.  Just call me Switzerland!
 


In all honesty, this red skirt is a dress, a six year old cocktail dress at that.  It's been a long time since this dress was out for a spin so when I saw it at the back of my closet I could tell it was crying out, please pick me today! So I did.  Don't call Stacy and Clinton on me, I was just meeting my closet's needs.  Sometimes it can be so needy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, sweet readers! Your comments and suggestions make my day!