7.05.2011

Hi friends!  I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend, I certainly did.  We just arrived home from Hilton Head, SC where we were waited on hand and foot all weekend long by our friend's mom.  I'm talking homemade cheese puffs, margaritas, chili dip, rum punch all served to us pool side.  Not a bad way to spend three days.  While I wore bathing suits and cover-ups most of the weekend (and those you will never see), this is what I wore when we weren't lounging poolside.

Friday: Day 17, Life Is A Highway.  I wore this on our 12-hour ride to Hilton Head. Comfort and layers are key when traveling; while this doesn't scream t-shirt and sweats, I was perfectly content all the way to South Carolina (except when my carmates refused to stop at South of the Border so I could visit the Reptile Lagoon, jk...sorta.)  

Sweater - TJ Maxx, Tank - Old Navy, Shorts - Macy's, Shoes - Nordstrom, Necklaces - Gift/Charmed City, Scarf - Permanently borrowed from Mom, Purse-  Gift from my MIL, Shades - Filene's Basement (Oscar de la Renta)


Sunday: Day 18, Imma be.  Every time my husband hears that song he adds, "I'm a, I'm a bumblebee" at random intervals during it.  This outfit is a bit bumblebee-sque, being black, white and yellow.  I forgot all about these shorts, which is crazy as I'm mildly obsessed with their shape, cuffs and subtle polka dots.  You've officially seen all 30 items, I have no more surprises! 

Fedora/Shirt - XXI, Shorts - TJ Maxx, Belt - borrowed from another dress, Sandals -Daniblack, Shades - Filene's Basement (Cole Haan), Bracelet - Provincetown, MA


Monday: Day 19, Pastel Patriot.  Pink, white and blue is as close as I could get to being a patriotic American given the lack of red in my 30 items.  While not over-the-top Americana, I'm happy with the fun feminity of this holiday pairing.  It was perfect for iced coffee runs, BBQ eating and firework watching.
Shirt - Marshalls, Tank - Old Navy, Scarf - Permanently borrowed from Mom, Shorts - Macy's, Shoes - Nordstrom, Earrings - XXI, Shell Necklace - St. Thomas, Purse - Gift from my MIL, Shades - Rue La La (Cole Haan) 




Tuesday: Day 20, On the Road Again. This is what a silk shirt looks like after sitting in a car for 11 hours, in case you were curious.  So much for no traffic on the way home.  I tried to knot my shirt ends to remind me of beach style while playing in traffic; I'm not sure I accomplished that but we did make it home in one piece.  It's the little things.  Forgive the tired pictures, I'm so beat!  
Top - Anthropologie, Shorts - TJ Maxx, Belt - Filene's Basement, Shoes - Daniblack



  
Pardon me while I go crash and burn in my own bed!!

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Cara, you're doing super good on your 30x30 in my opinion! i really like the blue top you have! it can be worn casual or dressy. Also for you yellow top excellent for the EBDE yellow day! xo

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your top on day 20! Nice work on the 30 for 30 too!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, sweet readers! Your comments and suggestions make my day!