Cast of Characters:
- A brightly colored magazine or catalog (I used J.Crew and Urban Outfitters)
- Toothpicks (or needles)
- Mod Podge (the Gloss/Lustre version)
- Small paint brush
- Gloves (optional)
- Hemp Cord (embroidery floss or thread will work too)
1) Line up a ruler along the edge of the page you want to use and create a triangle that is 1mm (or eyeball it) at the base and goes to the top of the page and cut it off.
2) Mark 2mm base triangles with a ruler and pencil across the rest of the page. Cut the triangles up.
|Definitely getting a manicure tomorrow.|
4. Brush some Mod Podge onto your toothpick and set aside to dry. Let the beads dry at overnight. They should be nice and shiny when they are dry. *If you have a manicure or like your nails at all, put gloves on before you start step 4. Mod Podge does not do wonders for your fingers.
5. To remove beads, hold the toothpick in one hand and spin the bead off the toothpick with the other hand. If they do not come off easily let them be for a while longer.
6. Using hemp cord, thread the beads onto the cord to the desired length and knot at both ends. I made a long bracelet (28") that I could wrap around my wrist four times and tied it off at both ends but feel free to get creative!
This project is as easy as flipping through a catalog but with a much better (and cheaper) end result. This bracelet is made from three catalog pages, is colorful and glossy. I'm going to try making a black, white and red one, since its my favorite winter color combination.
While its not snazzy, expensive or offered by a cool brand, I would like to give away a bracelet to a sweet reader in honor of my 100th post ever! Just be a follower on Google Friend Connect to be eligible to win. Leave a comment below with what colors you'd like.
Enjoy your holiday weekend, thanks to all of those who serve! One of Jamie's childhood friends is getting hitched this weekend and its an all weekend event culminating in a black tie wedding! Very excited to wear a new dress and see the hubs in a tuxedo.