11.28.2011

A Delicious Thanksgiving Weekend

Well, hi there!  My Thursday food coma ended up took a few days longer to wake from than expected. The weather was so fantastic that spending what I'm sure are fleeting warm, sunny days in front of a computer screen seemed crazy. We spent the weekend at my in-laws in Philadelphia eating yummy food, visiting friends and family. Some highlights included hanging on the deck with my in-laws goats, frolfing (frisbee golfing) along the Schuylkill River, eating dinner at Sbraga downtown, seeing the Muppets and putting our marriage on hold for three hours for the Eagles-Patriots game. YAY Pats, way to win!



My ballerina manicure; pearly pink polish with glittery tips  aka passing time in the car. 
The last time our teams played each other was 7 years ago, when we first started dating.
This picture is completely representative of what the Patriots did to the Eagles, hahaha.
What did you do this weekend?  Eat too much? Go Black Friday shopping? See any movies? Whatever you did, I hope you had great weekends and are gearing up for the rest of the holiday season.  While its still incredibly warm out I couldn't wait another day to light my favorite Christmas candle (the Balsam and Cedar scent from Yankee Candle) and put the Grinch on while I type this up.  Now, off to complete start some holiday crafting.  

10 comments:

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

This has got to be a style blogger first! Glitter nails, goats and football kung-fu all in the same post!

Van @ The Clothes We Wear said...

Agreed. I spent 5 days sans technology, no internet or TV (except for college football). It was glorious! Thanksgiving is my favorite day of the year. I love the kungfu football photos!

welldressedmaker said...

you are just so much fun! Sounds like you had a fun and activity-filled weekend! ANd I most definitely LOVE your ballerina nails! I want glitter french tips!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Oh gosh Cara, I have so much to say about this post. Let me see if I can get it all in. Your hubby is soooo cute. Girl he looks like Prince William (has anyone ever told him that?). He so looks like him with those shades on. Girl, I know you cooked your arse off!!! I was waitin' on the foodie pics. LOL Love the sprinkles at the tips of your nails. I think it's so cute. Those are the finest, plumpest goats I've ever seen. Adorable! Girl, I watched the game too. I was laughing when Brady was sitting down cursing. HAHAHA I was like, but you're WINNING! Love him! I'm a BIG fan of Yankee Candles!!! Love the Christmas Cookie one. Always have to watch The Grinch, Christmas Vacation and A Charlie Brown Christmas EVERY year. I think it should be mandatory. LOL I shopped online girl. Its been a long time since tackling crowds. HAHA Glad you had an awesome time. ((HUG))
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Samantha said...

Oh my gosh!! LOVE the pics with the goats!! And the beautiful ballerina manicure is amazing! (I may copy soon!) And you and the hubs are so cute! Awesome kung fu kick!! LOL!

I stayed in on Black Friday and organized! :)

skippysays said...

Your in-laws have goats??! Want to trade in laws? Mine are great! But they don't have goats, so yours win.
Love your playing with the goats outfit :) And your awesome ballerina nails :)
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

The Sweet Cupcaker said...

I love the goats! and go pats!! you make an excellent choice in football teams!

Adriana said...

Cute outfit I love your boots!

Cortnie Elizabeth said...

Omg I LOVE your nails! So pretty!

I love coming across other bloggers in the DMV area :)

xo,Cortnie
http://stylelustpages.com

SpryOnTheWall said...

Oh your nails are perfection!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, sweet readers! Your comments and suggestions make my day!