2.16.2012

Fashionably Friend Fridays: Necklaces a plenty

Two weeks ago I introduced you to a few of my favorite gals at work.  We've been busy remixing each others accessories since then but I kept forgetting to bring my point and shoot home to upload pictures, until today.  This past week we sported each other's necklaces in different combinations than the original owners had seen before.  Check us out! 

Here's Sini rocking Marisol's gold and metallic necklace with some of her own gold jewelry and a black top and red skirt combination.  I like this dark(er) necklace mixed with the bright red, to me it's an unexpected but cheerful color combination.  



I'm wearing Corey's necklace in this outfit.  She has trouble figuring out how to wear this necklace so she was looking for ideas on how to style this.  I put it off center and added a flower pin for some added texture.  The purple tights add a needed pop of color.



Marisol sported Sini's cluster of pearls.  Sini has said that she finds this statement piece tough to wear because of its heaviness and inherent formality.  Marisol dressed it down by keeping the rest of her look simple with a chambray shirt and a grey skirt and grey and pink polka dot tights.  



Corey showed off Andrea's colorful beaded necklace.  Andrea has a knack for mixing colors together so she generally wears this with unexpected colors but I really love how much this sings with the turquoise cardigan and Corey's gorgeous red hair.  


Andrea donned Marisol's black beaded necklace.  I love that she paired this statement piece with a great mustard top and wide leg trousers.  It would have been so easy to wear this with black or white but it looks great with the mustard.   



So how did we do?  We'll be back with scarves next week! Stay tuned and have a great weekend. I'll be running 17 miles of the Boston Marathon's course on Saturday and hopefully doing some pre-vacation shopping with my Mom.


8 comments:

Kassi said...

You girls did a fabulous job remixing the necklaces. What a great idea. I wish I had more people to remix with. Can't wait to see what you do with scarves!

http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

Nnenna said...

So many pretty necklaces and your friends make great models! :)

Samantha said...

Again, this is so fun to see all your friends remixing things!! I really like the way you added the brooch to the necklace! I've done the same with pearl necklaces too! :)

xo, sam

Imogen said...

This looks really fun. I love all of the accessories and great job at styling them.

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Loving all of these beautiful necklaces! Great remix!!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Samantha said...

Hi Cara,

Sorry I missed your question about that teal clutch till now! Yes, it's recent {from a groupon too}! I got the color Laguna. Here is the link: http://store.americanapparel.net/rsalh500m.html?c=Tan

Hope that helps! sam :)

Sage said...

You have such stylish office mates! When I visit my corporate office (I work from home), the outfits there are usually boring and ultra-conservative. It's great to see coworkers who appreciate fashion and have fun with it.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

You ladies did a great job!!! Those necklaces are beautiful. Sometimes it takes someone else to give it a different style. Two heads are better than one :)
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, sweet readers! Your comments and suggestions make my day!