9.13.2011

The fashion gods were smiling

I have been craving red pants for over a year.  So you cannot begin to understand my delight when after a year of searching for the perfect red pair, I found these while on vacation in San Francisco.  Comfortable, soft, and regular length but short enough for my petite self, major hooray!  After clutching these to my heart, I mean purchasing, I came across this beautiful lace blazer on sale in a boutique further down the street. The fashion gods must have been smiling down on me for surviving several dusty, smelly days spent hiking in Tahoe and Yosemite earlier that week.  I couldn't wait to pair these two items together and knew this Everybody, Everywear challenge was the ideal venue to do so. 

                                                                Everybody, Everywear | Colored Pants
This pairing was so perfect I wore it out for drinks with good friends, it doesn't get more perfect than that.
Blazer - Armitage, Tank top - XXI, Jeans - Marmalade, Shoes - Target, Purse - Coach, Earrings - The Limited, Necklace -Nordstrom


Can't wait to see how everyone else styled their colored pant looks for work and play.  Hop on over to EBEW if you're curious or in need of some colorful inspiration! 

13 comments:

royela said...

love the cut outs in the shoes! coordinates great with the lace blazer!

Dyana said...

I can attest, this outfit was gorgeous in person!!

Style Journey said...

Love red and black together. Your lace top is really pretty too!

Anonymous said...

I'm still looking for red pants (I have blue ones on today). The fashion gods must not like me.

You look amazing! Black and red is one of my favorite color combos because it makes everyone look so powerful and fierce. I like how the cutouts on your shoes mirror the lace on your top.

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

I am now also craving red pants, I only have green coloured ones! But red are hotter!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home
The Daily Swoon
The Penthouse Clan

Linda said...

That sounds like a fantastic shopping trip! The pants look great.
Thanks for joining us at EBEW!

Bravoe Runway said...

awesome job styling the red pants, and whoo hoo that they were able to fit! i also like the lace blazer, it's so versatile and delicate!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking for a pair of red pants. I really like yours - they're almost a tomato-red (at least from the photos). Looks great!

Tasia |Ruffles and Sequins| said...

Lovely EBEW submission! Love the red and lace = haute! PS I totally LOL'd at the title of this blog post, well done :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog<3
Tasia
http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

Sam said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! The link to your profile didn't work but I managed to find yours! I love this look, we might be EBEW twins but yours looks so much more put-together! I love the blazer, I'm obsessed with all things lace lately. Definitely something I'll be copying!

http://mygrowingobsessions.blogspot.com

Mrs. C said...

Those are just fabulous! Love them!! Been looking for colored jeans myself! :) Check out my jewelry giveaway!

www.MrsCapretta.com
Recipes Fashion Marriage

The Suburb Experiment said...

I have a pair of red jeans too and they are WAY more versatile than I would have thought. I like the details on your tank and how they play off the blazer!

Jenn
The Suburb Experiment

Michelle said...

Yay, you found your red pants! Good for you! I really need to check out the Everybody, Everywear site again. Last time I was about to participate, they had already shut down the entries!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, sweet readers! Your comments and suggestions make my day!