2.26.2012

Laura Takes L.A. - a wardrobe update

Laura Takes LA!





Who's excited for the Oscars tonight?  I would be, if I wasn't going to be in Aruba! Speaking of fashion in L.A., a friend of mine recently moved to Los Angeles to begin a new life on the other coast. She wanted to update her East Coast wardrobe to include pieces more representative of California style. She asked me to put together an inspiration board for her of jeans-based looks since she works from home and has a little one to chase around.  I built 6 interchangeable looks based on skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans and boot cut jeans.  To me, L.A. has a very easy and laid back style (see Jessica Alba) so I relied heavily on flowy, light pieces that can easily be layered and dressed up with great jewelry, fun sunglasses, hat or cool satchel.

So how do you think I did, is there anything you think is quintessentially Californian/L.A. that I missed?  Have you ever updated your wardrobe to better fit your location?

I love making these inspiration boards so if you have any requests or suggestions, I am all ears!


4 comments:

JanandJill.com said...

How fun you're going to Aruba, I hope you have a great time and that's exciting your friend is moving to LA, I think the fashion picks here are perfect for LA, you're so right about the laid back style like Jessica Alba.

xoDale
http://www.savvyspice.net/

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Oh I love everything that you picked!! I'd wear all of it!! Have fun in Aruba!! Hope to see pics!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

navy and orange said...

I think this list is perfection!

xoxo navy & orange

A Very Sweet Blog said...

You did an awesome job! I love the looks you put together.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, sweet readers! Your comments and suggestions make my day!